With over 40 years of clinical experience, Dr. Galatzer-Levy sees children, adolescents and adults in his primary therapy practice.
In his active forensic practice he is a highly respected expert and consultant—providing expertise in the interface between psychiatry and the law. He has worked in a wide range of legal cases—civil, criminal and divorce.
Dr. Galatzer-Levy is a widely sought-after teacher and public speaker in his professional roles as a clinician and as an expert witness.
He serves as a consultant to mental health and legal professionals, as well as to schools and other institutions.
He is the author of five books and more than 110 papers and book chapters.
COURSES & TEACHING
- Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, University of Chicago
- Institute for Psychoanalsysis, Chicago
- Clinical Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, University of Chicago
- Chicago Institute for Psychoanalysis: training, supervising, and child and adolescent supervising analyst
- Board certified psychoanalyst and child and adolescent psychoanalyst
- Past President Chicago Psychoanalytic Society
- Illinois Society for Adolescent Psychiatry
- Chicago Forensic Forum
- Past Secretary American Psychoanalytic Association