With over 40 years of clinical experience, Dr. Galatzer-Levy sees children, adolescents and adults in his primary therapy practice.
In his active forensic practice he is a highly respected expert and consultant—providing expertise in the interface between psychiatry and the law. He has worked in a wide range of legal cases—civil, criminal and divorce.
Dr. Galatzer-Levy is a widely sought-after teacher and public speaker in his professional roles as a clinician and as an expert witness.
He serves as a consultant to mental health and legal professionals, as well as to schools and other institutions.
He is the author of five books and more than 110 papers and book chapters.
*** His Latest Book now Available on Amazon “Nonlinear Psychoanalysis”
COURSES & TEACHING
- Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, University of Chicago
- Institute for Psychoanalsysis, Chicago
- Clinical Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, University of Chicago
- Chicago Institute for Psychoanalysis: training, supervising, and child and adolescent supervising analyst
- Board certified psychoanalyst and child and adolescent psychoanalyst
- Past President Chicago Psychoanalytic Society
- Illinois Society for Adolescent Psychiatry
- Chicago Forensic Forum
- Past Secretary American Psychoanalytic Association